Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to the Average Joe

Dubbed as “The Average Joe,” I was once a beer-drinking, cigarette smoking 310 pound guy. Through running and exercise I lost over 118 pounds in just under a year. Genuinely believing in the fight of the human spirit, I am an under dog by nature and can’t help myself in living life and leaving no obstacle untested. I use this same energy and desire towards sound training and smart decisions. Being a husband to a crossfitting wife and a father to three beautiful little girls, I find it a breath of fresh air knowing that a healthy lifestyle is a very important lesson and is neither elusive nor exclusive. Crossfit has brought a new understanding of fitness and wellness to our community. I welcome anyone interested who is an underdog to test your limits and come out victorious.

This blog will be used by the Average Joe for the Average Joe as an outlet of information, discussion board and a genenal insight to how to step out of your comfort zone and acheive greatness no matter your current status. I am nervous and excited to help anyone willing to fight for your goals. So here we go....

1 comment:

  1. The rest breaks can be tedious but it usually gives me a chance to get my stepper, workout mat or weights together, in front of the computer, before the next exercise. I like all the music so far and don't care where Maya works out since I'll still be at home doing the same exact exercises anyway. I don't know if I will stop going to the gym altogether, but there is a possibility. Males, if they wanted to be muscular yet lean, could use Yourself Fitness to their benefit if they used heavy enough weights.

    ReplyDelete