Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What at Bargain

Lack of interest… Lack of focus… Or just plain laziness? In my estimation, I say all three. I wrote several months back about how fitness has an identity. In my life, in my particular situation, my fitness has a face. As I said in the blog, I have a responsibility to maintain my focus and attention. Even in the face of strategic and fundamental shifts in sport or fitness, I am liable to uphold my end of the fitness bargain.

Speaking of bargain, I have to keep going back to coaching and the mental bargaining that goes on. I see athletes continuously have fitness gains and success only to be sabotaged by their own demise. The age-old 80-20 rule which is you maintain focus 80% of the time and can have a pass or reward yourself 20% of the time. Unfortunately, this quickly shifts from the 80-20 rule to the 20-80 rule. Much of this has to do with this mentality that we are on a diet – that we deserve a reward for our good behavior. Again, fitness and nutrition are not fads. They are constants! You must constantly be monitored, focused and maintained interest. ~The Average Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment