Thursday, May 19, 2011

So Long But Not Goodbye!


So long for now! I can’t believe it has been over a year since Jennifer entered our gym, our community and most importantly – our lives. She leaves us as a graduate of one of the most sought-after schools in the world, back to her family and friends in the great state of Florida. With any member and personality who has to move on, brings a great deal of sadness that we are losing a teammate, friend and a member or our family. But for Jennifer, this is a bitter sweet departure.

I have seen my young friend grow and mature – not only from a physical fitness perspective but she has become a much more confident and assertive quiet young woman. This particular decision to move back home came with a great deal of satisfaction – knowing now that her place is to be near family and friends. I am honored to have been a part of her life and on some level a helpful component to her subtle transformation. As I have written about just recently, everyone has an inner athlete, regardless of physical presence or athletic background. I know we have unleashed a vibrant, coachable and fierce athlete in Jennifer.

I am confident when I speak for the owners, coaches and our members of Elm City Crossfit when I extend my sincerest well-wishes and good luck in the next stage of your journey. I can assure you that you will be missed tremendously. Rest assured that you will forever have a place in our Elm City family as well as the Kusnitz family. Again, thank you so much for allowing us to get to know you and accepting us in your life. It is individuals like you that makes me proud to be a coach. I am constantly inspired by individuals like yourself that continue to drive and conquer – no matter the obstacle. As a teacher, I know you will continue to lead and inspire many more individuals whose lives you touch. Thanks for being an Average Joe or in this case Jennifer. Average people doing amazing things. ~The Average Joe

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Jennifer will be missed :( but I know she'll visit!

    ReplyDelete