Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Same Old Sh%t!


While others run from the rain - Banjo and I run in it!


Same Old Sh%T right? Wrong. Here we challenge the human spirit. Here we step out of our comfort zones for just the opportunity to be great. Success or maybe failure – at least we shine at our opportunity. We are not defined by what we do but more importantly – how we go about doing it.

I had a great conversation with my friend and partner Vin Lindsley – Head Trainer, Elm City Crossfit and nutritional guru the other day. We were discussing the general negativity and disregard felt in the general public for meat eaters and especially the Paleolithic position for proper eating habits. We both reflected on stories of woe and how nonresponsive individuals can be regarding healthy food choices. We both agreed to continue the good fight – one that entails continuous and constant reminders to those who inquire on how the body reacts both positively and negatively to what you put into it. It is a path Vin had been working on over the last two decades. After finishing our bitch-fest to each other Vin stated “Same Old Sh%t” – Same message, same questions, same lack of belief and buy-in but he will continue to speak the nutritional gospel.

It is my personal goal to uphold Vin’s underlying challenge. No matter how many times people ask you the same question or even challenge your position. No matter the number of times we sculpt and contour our nutritional views – No matter the barriers to our message – I will continue. I actually view it as a challenge. So I challenge you! I challenge you to dig deeper. I challenge you to ask why. I challenge you to go against the same old sh%t and do your own thing. ~ The Average Joe

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    I don't know about being called a guru of nutrition but I do make time to read books and look at research to better program exercise and recommend sound nutritional practices to those in search of the "gospel." I can go on for a few more paragraphs but will stop now.
    Train Smart, Eat Clean, Smile Often:
    Fitness Jesus

    ReplyDelete