Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Successful Ultra


Mike and Joe after 100K


Mike always in the mood for a laugh - even 30 miles into a race


It has taken me a few days to come off the high of finishing yet another ultra running event. I have so much to be proud and thankful for. First, I would like to congratulate my crew-chief and biggest fan, my wife Elicia for her relentless focus and continued support. You make spectating and support an absolute art. I am sure that without you – I would not be successful. Additionally, I want to thank my training partner and friend Mike. You are an amazing athlete. You have taught me so much about myself and I would be honored to train with you anytime.

This weekend had so many successes and it is very difficult to talk about only one. I am so grateful for the training plan that Mike and I followed.  I am fortunate to have a great friend and co-owner, Vin Lindsley – Elm City Crossfit Coach who put together our training plan. I feel it was spot on. He has been able to produce individual plans that set people up for continued success. His attention to detail goes far beyond writing workouts on paper. It is a comprehensive plan and procedure for strategy, training, racing and recovery. Thank you so much for your support as I can’t wait for our next event.

I also want to thank my coaches and teammates. Kimmie, Bobby and the rest of my ECC family, you are incredible motivators and equally as accomplished athletes. You set the bar very high and I thank you all for that. In many cases, I draw energy and motivation from you guys. I see your failures and I feel your successes. I am honored to be a part of your lives. ~The Average Joe

6 comments:

  1. Great Job Guys, so proud of you both!!! A true insperation to all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed every minute of it (even if you guys didn't- ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Mike is sporting a Standard Oil hat! So proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's MY coach!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing accomplishment! Congrats you guys :)

    ReplyDelete