Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Don't Want to Grow Up!

I don’t mean to brag but I am surrounded by women all the time in my life. I feel sometimes I am the luckiest man alive to have such a wonderful complement of women by my side. I am referring to my beautiful family – Elicia, Annabel, Savannah and Daisy.

Recently, I was talking with my girls on the way home from playing at the gym and my oldest daughter asked me when did I decide to grow up? I immediately replied -never. For a 9-year old this was a very hard concept to get. Annabel went on to explain that a grown up has a job. They have money, a car and most importantly they can say any curse words they want. I quickly replied that being a grown up is a state of mind and girls should not use foul language.

Just as I discussed in previous post, I very much believe in keeping the norm. We have innate responsibilities to ourselves but as much as I believe in hard work – I also believe in having fun. Work hard – Play harder. I try not to take myself too seriously. I enjoy poking fun at myself and my surrounding. People ask me why do you do what you do – why do you wear booty shorts. I take great pride in not getting so wrapped up in training and competition where it looses its original draw – it’s suppose to be fun. Furthermore, I take particular fun in working out next to people that do take themselves too seriously and compete and train like their lives depend on it. I love the look on their faces when they are next to the guy wearing his daughter’s clothes just doing his own thing. My response is that having fun is very much a part of who I am. Interestingly enough, my kids see me as having fun- a lot of the time. I don’t ever want to grow up. ~The Average Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hey.....we are lucky to! You are definately a lot of fun! Can't imagine life if you were to grow up..lol(just kidding)!

    ReplyDelete